Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
We are seeking an experience Garment Technician to join our Adelaide based team. Working across all labels, you will provide technical support across monthly ranges – assisting with taking the product from design stage through to bulk production. At all times you will adhere closely to the Company’s high standards of fit and quality, ensuring all technical work is aligned. Working closely with our Fitting & QA Manager, you will support our Senior Garment Technicians to meet tight deadlines and generally adhere to critical path timelines.
Working collaboratively with our Design Teams and Fitting / QA Team, you will be responsive and adaptive to both internal and external feedback and take a proactive approach to contribute to your team’s KPI targets and goals - whilst also meeting or exceeding your own. You will provide mentorship and support to Junior Garment Technicians and contribute to an engaged team environment.
In this role you will:
- Assist with technical product development and fitting across all labels’ monthly collections;
- Assist with selection of fabrications and trims, with consideration for construction and design;
Assist with fitting samples across all ranges from proto through to PP stage, making suggestions and alterations to improve commerciality and sales;
- Review measurements and advise necessary changes;
- Assist with creating and developing detailed specifications sheets including graded specifications and written reports from first fit through to PP stage;
- Review technical packs across all ranges prior to submission to suppliers;
- Measure samples accurately and make note of any construction issues;
Analyse and identify opportunities to improve the functionality of garments;
- Assist with approving bulk production;
- Assist with maintaining critical path timelines;
- Maintain fit and quality standards;
- Liaise with off shore suppliers;
- Engage with training and development opportunities provided by AFL;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a collaborative team environment.
- Affinity with fashion, an instinct for style and an eye for aesthetics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and continually meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply technical / functional expertise to support with creating innovative products.
- Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships with a network of suppliers.
- Mentorship skills and an ability to train junior staff.
- Alignment with AFL culture, policies and personnel procedures.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion or Textile Design.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a technical position within Fashion;
- Experience using design programs such as CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mac literacy.