Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
We currently have a rare opportunity for a proactive all-rounder to join our Shanghai office. This is a fast paced role which requires a multi-tasker with initiative who can support across administrative and logistics based tasks. Reporting directly to the China CEO you will further provide support to all department heads and ensure the smooth running of the wider office and operations.
In this role you will:
- Communicate with and support vendors including but not limited to accounting, suppliers, courier, 3PL, cleaners, IT and building management;
- Manage databases and internal resources ensuring they are routinely updated;
- Coordinate between departments and ensure cohesion of day-to-day administration and operations;
- Coordinate meeting booking and preparations;
- Offer support and improvement for all business management processes and operations;
- Support PR and marketing departments on ad hoc basis including events and sample coordination;
- Draft and prepare communications - both internal and external;
- Manage HR reports and filing, staff on-boarding, leave and team bonding, culture initiatives;
- Generate and distribute GS1 reports and composition lists to wholesale customers;
- Coordinate the allocation of stock, invoicing and required shipping documents;
- Generate customer invoices and packing lists - managing tally sheets accordingly;
- Respond to customer and distributor enquiries;
- Coordinate dispatch and deliveries with customers and 3PL - including scheduling;
- Manage import and export processes including all required documentation and ensuring delivery by required deadlines;
- Raise RA documents and generate credit notes accordingly;
Report and track revenue and COGS based on VAT FAPIAO;
Offer support to our finance department including preparation of materials for annual audits and staff espenses;
Coordinate import and export costs including provision of required materials and liaising with 3PL;
- Miscellaneous tasks as required and delegated by our China CEO;
- Demonstrated understanding of the fashion and apparel industry.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-spoken, with excellent communication and skills - both written and oral.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Tenacious attitude with solid judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Extremely organized, efficient and proactive.
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic and growing team environment.
- Management & organizational skills – planning and project management across the business.
- Understanding of trade regulations and market QC requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- University degree in Finance, Operations, Logistics or Marketing.
- Native Mandarin speaker with business proficiency level English.