SENIOR GARMENT TECHNICIAN
Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Garment Technician based at our global head office in Adelaide, to assist in generating garment specifications and evaluating quality standards. This is an exciting and fast-paced role where you will utilize your superior technical expertise and solid experience in the fashion industry. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring our labels offer collections that are of the highest quality and finish.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Design Team to determine accurate translation of designs, suggesting suitable fabrics, trims, measurements and construction for the functionality of the garment throughout the design process
- Regularly attend fit meetings, suggesting and making note of changes and communicating all such comments and alterations to suppliers
- Develop and implement garment specifications throughout the design process
- Liaise with the production team to achieve construction solutions, suggesting alternative methods where required
- Ensure technical illustrations are relevant according to style changes throughout development
- Prepare technical packs for offshore production with consideration to cost, functionality and design
- Analyse and ensure quality control, correct grading and measurements of sample garments at all stages of the design process
- Input and regularly update data in internal computer program
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- A strong understanding of the design/development process for offshore manufacturing
- A technical/patternmaking background and a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in the fashion industry
- A solid understanding of and capability using Adobe Suite programs
- Excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic. This position is based within our beautiful newly refurbished Adelaide Head Office, in the heart of the CBD.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application to email@example.com
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*