WASHCARE TECHNICIAN (Part Time)
Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: We currently have an opportunity for a Washcare Technician (Part Time) based in our Adelaide Head Office as part of our QA & Fittings Team. You will be responsible for ensuring quality of garments and appropriate care labelling through testing and liaising with suppliers during all stages of the critical time line. You will also be required to analyse all fabric testing and ensure all washcare labelling is compliant with international legislations and guidelines.
In this role you will:
- Create and consistently update a checklist using Mac Glass and Excel to submit to suppliers.
- Liaise with our suppliers to confirm fibre contents for each style.
- Review garments to identify inclusion of appropriate care guidance and limitations of use.
- Conduct internal wash testing on SMS (salesman samples) and flag any potential fabric issues.
- Analyse results and problem solve appropriate solutions.
- Determine appropriate wash care instructions for each style, in accordance with legislative requirements and AFL standards.
- Advise our suppliers on checklist of final wash care instructions.
- Advise our suppliers on checklist which main label and which colour wash label is to be used per style.
- Manage fabric testing with all suppliers to ensure AFL standards are followed.
- Respond to non-compliant test results, providing clarification and guidance to suppliers on corrective action plans.
- Monitor the industry for legislative change and communicate new requirements to the business and our suppliers.
Update bulk fabric approval metrics and work with external staff to ensure bulk fabric approval deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Focus on quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic. This position is based within our beautiful newly refurbished Adelaide Head Office, in the heart of the CBD.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application to email@example.com
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*