JUNIOR ASSISTANT DESIGNER (FOOTWEAR)
Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Assistant Designer (Footwear) to join our Jaggar team. Our Junior Assistant Designers provide support to the Brand Manager and Footwear Design Team throughout the development process, including illustrating designs on CAD, creating and maintaining design specs and maintaining data integrity as well as completing ad hoc administrative tasks. You will also contribute to the Footwear Design Team's targets and goals to ensure the overall success of the brand.
In this role you will:
- Assist with and contribute to trend forecasting and mood board creation.
- Assist with creating and producing designs by hand or using CAD.
- Assist with creating and maintaining style data integrity and style number allocations in design specs and Netsuite.
- Work with Footwear Design Team to complete tech packs with accurate translations of the intended designs.
- Liaise with Production Team and offshore vendors at all stages of the design process to ensure compliance with the design timeline and deadlines.
- Work with the Garment Technician to ensure CAD’s are representative of the intended design as well as the information given in design and measurement specs.
- Assist Garment Technician with measuring garments or adjusting specs as required.
- Assist with translating designs into CAD sketches and communicating design details via design spec.
- Work alongside the Footwear Design Team to ensure tech packs are sent to vendors by agreed deadlines.
- Make changes to tech packs and CADS based on feedback from fittings and the Footwear Design Team.
- Update CAD’s and design specs as changes are made to designs in accordance with instructions from the Footwear Design Team throughout the development process.
- Provide administration support to the Footwear Design Team.
- Organise checking off photo shoot samples against SMS order and steaming prior to lookbook shoots.
- Assist with preparation and editing of sales tools prior to sell periods.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in footwear, fashion or textiles.
- Experience in the fashion industry is desirable.
- Experience using design programs such as CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic. This position is based within our beautiful newly refurbished Adelaide Head Office, in the heart of the CBD.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application (including portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*