Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since beginning in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrication. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Designer to join our Keepsake team. Our Junior Designer provides direct support to the Head Designer as well as the wider Design team throughout the development process. Your daily tasks include illustrating designs on CAD, creating and maintaining design specs and ensuring information supplied leads to correct translation of the intended design. You will actively contribute to your design team’s KPI targets and goals to ensure overall success of the brand.
In this role you will:
- Support the Head Designer to facilitate the development process.
- Translate designs into CAD sketches and communicate design details via design spec.
- Assist with and contribute to trend forecasting and mood board creation.
- Create and produce designs by hand or using CAD.
- Create styles in GLASS (maintaining style data).
- Maintain style data integrity in design specs and GLASS as well as style number allocations.
- Work with Design Team to complete tech packs with accurate translations of the intended designs.
- Work with the Garment Technician to ensure CAD’s are representative of the intended design as well as the information given in design and measurement specs.
- Work alongside the Design Team to ensure tech packs are sent to vendors by agreed deadlines.
- Update CAD’s and design specs as changes are made to designs in accordance with instructions from the Design Team throughout the development process.
- Make changes to tech packs and CADS based on feedback from fittings and the Design Team.
- Raise SMS order and have it approved by the Head Designer
- Proof check lookbook text monthly.
- Update range boards continually.
- Attend fittings as required and make changes to tech packs and CADs.
- Compile and maintain range plan boards.
- Approve bulk production fabrics.
- Schedule and assist with photoshoot preparation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a collaborative team environment.
- Affinity with fashion, an instinct for style and an eye for aesthetics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and continually meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply technical / functional expertise to support with creating innovative products.
- Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships with a network of suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion or Textile Design.
- Experience in retail or fashion industry.
- Experience using design programs such as CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mac literacy.
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application (including portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*
*Portfolios must accompany all applications*