HEAD DESIGNER - FOOTWEAR
Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: Our Head Designer (Jaggar Footwear) is responsible for managing the development process from initial concepting through to retailing to the end consumer. From design to strategy and sales, you will work closely with other relevant departments to optimise the overall performance of the brand. You will develop collections based on current trends - translating the vision and aesthetic of the brand into aspirational yet practical product - with the ultimate goal of maximising sales revenue. As a member of the Aus Labels Leadership Team, you will also oversee operational and financial elements of the brand, and work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to maintain and further build its identity and presence internationally.
In this role you will:
- Research trends, inspiration and designs to develop concepts and moodboards that translate the vision for each quarterly collections.
- Identify emerging trends, relevant to the customers’ needs, in time to influence development.
- Conceptualise and sketch each range, build story-boards, complete spec packages including technical specs and construction details, with the support of your Assistant Designer and our Creative Director.
- Provide day to day management, direction, leadership and support to your Assistant Designer, leading in a manner which promotes consultation, collaboration and a team approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Work closely with our Sales, Buying and Production teams to ensure product and ranges meet customer needs with respect to seasonality, market and price point.
- Liaise with off-shore suppliers to manage the development process, including selection of raw materials and components, and overcoming any problems throughout production.
- Negotiate with vendors on development costs to best achieve target margins and lead times.
- Work closely with our Creative Department to plan photo-shoots, including collection lookbooks, editorial and marketing collateral.
- Work alongside our Marketing and PR teams to contribute to promotion of the brand across traditional and digital marketing, PR and events.
- Work alongside our Sales teams to review past performance, investigate trends and develop strategies and tactical sales plans to maximize performance and support the positioning of the brand in the international market place, through both retail and wholesale distribution channels.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a collaborative team environment.
- Affinity with fashion, an instinct for style and an eye for aesthetics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply technical / functional expertise to support with creating innovative products.
- Strong communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships with a network of suppliers.
Thorough understanding of footwear design from a technical perspective, i.e technical specifications for designs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Footwear Design.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in Footwear design.
- Strong experience using design programs such as CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mac literacy essential.
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic. This position is based within our beautiful newly refurbished Adelaide Head Office, in the heart of the CBD.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application including portfolios to email@example.com
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*
*Portfolios must accompany all applications*