Adelaide, Head Office
Australian Fashion Labels – the Adelaide-based company whose labels now have over 3,000 stockists worldwide and satellite offices in Melbourne, Los Angeles and Shanghai – have enjoyed exponential growth since its inception in 2007. Each of the company’s labels – C/MEO COLLECTIVE, Finders Keepers, Keepsake, The Fifth Label, and Jaggar represent a distinct aesthetic within the contemporary womenswear market, through their focus on on-trend shapes, exclusive prints and quality fabrications. With an online and bricks-and-mortar presence in retailer BNKR, Australian Fashion Labels continues to be one of the most exciting fashion houses in Australia.
The Role: Our Graphic Designers are primarily responsible for designing and developing creative assets as well as photo editing / retouching. Reporting to our Head of Photography, you will be working as a member of the team in our Creative Department. You must be able to produce a high quality of work with both efficiency and attention to detail. You will regularly communicate with our Design and Marketing teams and must be able to interpret and action various briefs while juggling priorities and working to tight deadlines.
You will have a clear understanding of brand integrity and demonstrate an ability to consistently maintain a brand's ‘voice’ throughout all creative assets. Further, your inherent aesthetic and eye for fashion and trends will complement our brands and the all creative work you produce.
In this role you will:
- Creating and developing all graphic design based assets, marketing collateral and promotional material across 5 brands, retail and company platforms
- Design and concepting of emails to customer databases
- Liaising with Design Teams to develop various creative assets
- Print creation, re-colouring and development for garments in collaboration with Design Teams
- Design and development of layout and creative for lookbooks (monthly across 5 brands)
- Re-touching of photos for lookbooks, editorials and all marketing collateral
- Designing thumbnail posters, mood boards and other sales tools to accompany lookbooks
- Development and maintenance of brand collateral documents and sales tools (monthly across 5 brands)
- Assisting with website maintenance for all brands
- Re-formatting existing inDesign files
- Assisting with file management
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in photo retouching and digital image compositing
- Strong layout and typographic skills
- Passion for, experience and natural talent in graphic design
- Attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely – including interpretation of briefs
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, team environment
- The ability to handle conflicting deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities
- Passion and understanding of fashion and trend interpretation (preferred)
At Australian Fashion Labels, we are committed to maintaining the vibrant staff culture within our office, and ensure that our staff are regularly rewarded for their achievements and work ethic. This position is based within our beautiful newly refurbished Adelaide Head Office, in the heart of the CBD.
If you are looking to be part of a fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding environment, please send your application (resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Portfolios must accompany all applications for this position*
*Only suitable applicants will be contacted*